I LOVE talking about self-love, as women we often put ourselves on the back burner and undervalue how important we are and how important our roles and influences are. This blog post is simply about ways to shower yourself with some LOVE! Who better to love and appreciate you, than YOU? Here are 5 of the many ways to show your self some L-O-V-E!
1. Be mindful of what you think 2. Speak positively about yourself 3. Celebrate your wins 4. Focus on your positives 5. Be patient with yourself
Okay, let's break them down in order.
1. "Be mindful of what you think" Everything starts in your mind. If you think "I want ice cream" then 9 times out of 10 you will go get ice cream! Try to think positive about yourself, instead of "Oh no I won't look good in that!" think, "I think I will look better in this..."
2. "Speak positively about yourself" I love all of my clients but hate how some of them talk about themselves. When you say negative things about you, what do you expect others to feel and think about you? Stop beating yourself up and saying things out loud about yourself that truthfully nobody is even thinking. I had a friend who would make fat jokes about herself, kind of "Beating someone to the punch". But the thing is, there was never anyone to beat, only herself and it made me and other uncomfortable because we all thought she was fabulous. But hearing her tear herself down showed u her insecurities and how she really thought and felt about herself. Speak up and speak beautifully about yourself, if you don't like something, fix it. But don't broadcast your insecurities.
3. "Celebrate your wins" Every step, big or small, is still a step! When you have goals you are trying to achieve and you're slowly knocking them down, don't wait until you're done with the overall picture to celebrate the steps you took to get there. This can be for anything from finally teaching your baby their ABC's to finishing your website even if it's not published. Take time to pat yourself on the back and buy yourself some flowers, or pour yourself some wine, because you have successfully checked off a goal!
4. "Focus on your positives" If life sucks right now, because I get it, life sucks often. Then try to take time daily to focus on what's going right in your life and be thankful for what's going right. If today you hate your hair, find the cutest hat in your closet and put on your cutest hoops and your best lipstick. Sometimes we stay in a funk longer because all we are focused on is the negatives about the situation that we are in.
5. "Be patient with yourself" You are your worst critic. Things take time, and sometimes we want things to go our way, the right way, on time, every time. The reality is, it doesn't work like that. Take a break, have some wine, and be patient with your progression. Whatever it is, it's coming and will be everything you dreamed of and more. Just cut yourself some slack, and give yourself more credit.
Hope you enjoyed this, AYANAHHANAYA